The OSP-IN-E-40G-40 from OSP.com LLC is a transceiver module designed for 40km optical communication applications. The design is compliant to 40GBASE-ER4 of the IEEE P802.3ba standard. The module converts 4 inputs channels (ch) of 10 Gbps electrical data to 4 CWDM optical signals and multiplexes them into a single channel for 40 Gbps optical transmission. Reversely, on the receiver side, the module optically de-multiplexes a 40 Gbps input into 4 CWDM channels signals and converts them to 4 channel output electrical data.
The central wavelengths of the 4 CWDM channels are 1271, 1291, 1311 and 1331nm as members of the CWDM wavelength grid defined in ITU-T G.694.2. It contains a duplex LC connector for the optical interface and a 148-pin connector for the electrical interface. To minimize the optical dispersion in the long-haul system, single-mode fiber (SMF) has to be applied in this module.
The product is designed with the form factor, optical/electrical connection and digital diagnostic interface according to the QSFP+ Multi-Source Agreement (MSA). It has been designed to meet the harshest external operating conditions including temperature, humidity, and EMI interference.
- Compliant with 40G Ethernet IEEE802.3ba and 40GBASE-ER4 Standard
- QSFP+ MSA Compliant
- Compliant with QDR/DDR Infiniband Data Rates
- Up to 11.2Gb/s Data Rate per Wavelength
- 4 CWDM Lanes MUX/DEMUX Design
- Up to 40km Transmission on Single Mode Fiber (SMF)
- 18.5dB Link Insertion Loss Budget
- Operating Case Temperature: 0 to 70 ℃
- Maximum Power Consumption 3.5W
- LC Duplex Connector
- RoHS compliant
- 40G BASE-ER4 Ethernet Links
- Infiniband QDR and DDR Interconnects
- Client-side 40G Telecom connections
The following electrical characteristics are defined over the Recommended Operating Environment unless otherwise specified.